Friday, September 12, 2008

And now, some astronomy

We had some beautiful clear skies here over Labor Day weekend so I took advantage of it and managed to get my telescope out 3 nights in a row to do some astrophotgraphy. The results are my best yet but certainly just "decent" by advanced amateur standards these days. I'm getting better at it but I've still got a long way to go.

Anyway, here's the pictures. For those of you interested in such things the gear used to collect the photons was a TEC-140 Apochromatic Refractor, SBIG ST-10XME CCD camera, and an Astro-Physics 900GTO mount. I'm also using a Starlight Instruments Digital Feather Touch focusing system.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just have to let you know how much I hate you right now! I had the same great nights and got to see the stripes on Jupiter, but my C8N in downtown is no match for what you've got. Of course, my set up cost 1/10th or less than yours, but that's a different story all together.

Speaking of which, it's time to go look at the stars again.

Martin

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Martin Roesch said...

These were all taken from my driveway in front of my house, not exactly Mt Palomar but not bad for Central Maryland. The C8N is a nice scope, you could do a lot with it if you were of a mind to.

I've been into astronomy for 25 years and taking pictures for about 10 years now so the equipment (and the bill) does tend to pile up. :) I'm waiting for all these tropical systems to clear out so I can get back out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home